The Star City Roller Girls are looking for a fresh logo and we want to see what our talented community can do! The logo will represent the Star City Roller Girls in print and web advertising, as well as on uniforms and a variety of promotional merchandise, including t-shirts. Entry deadline is November 7th, 2014.
Submit entries to StarCityRollerGirls@gmail.com
If your logo is selected you will receive a prize package worth over $300, and will be featured on the Star City Roller Girls website and Facebook page. The winning logo will be sole property of Star City Roller Girls.
People interested in submitting a design should consider these elements of good logo design: legibility, ability to resize for various uses, relevance to the sport of roller derby and simplicity. Team members will then vote on their favorite design and announce the winner on December 1st, 2014. The winning design will be unveiled at the Roanoke Christmas Parade in December.
• $200 cash
• A sampler pack of merchandise featuring your logo (contents and exact value to be determined)
• Two season tickets to all SCRG home bouts
• Your logo displayed on SCRG Event Banner and SCRG website w/link to your business website for the entire 2015 season.
• Logo must use the words “Star City Roller Girls”
• Logo must be vector art (i.e. Adobe illustrator or Corel draw) the entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPEG.
• Logo must work visually in both black and white and color
• The Star City Roller Girls colors are black and red, and the logo should stay consistent with that aesthetic, however, the logo does not need to be confined to those two colors.
• The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
• Must include our full name, Star City Roller Girls, and we’d like it to convey what we do and where we are (Roller Derby/Skating/Roanoke/VA, etc…)
• Must work as a single color line drawing/outline on dark and light backgrounds (Consider simple, bold lines over complex and ornate ones)
• All artwork must be original work. By submitting a logo, the artist agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the league, Star City Roller Girls, against any issues that may arise as a result of plagiarism, trademark or copyright infringement. The artist is solely responsible for the originality of their work.
• Any fonts used must be converted to outlines and available for free commercial use (please include the name of the font)
• Our current Star City Roller Girl colors are Red and Black. If you choose to use other colors to represent your logo please use no more than 4 (including Black and White). Also, be advised that we may request for you to change them.
• Halftone shading only, no gradients.
• Vector format files only — Minimum 300 DPI
• Multiple files optimized for dark or light backgrounds, single color outline and full color are a plus
• By submitting a logo, the artist agrees to these terms and conditions.
It is with GREAT disappointment that we have to announce the cancellation of Monster Mash Up on October 18th. Unfortunately, there are just not enough skaters registered for the event. We hope to get this event launched again next year, but until then, we hope to see you at our November 1 season finale as we take on the Rocktown Rollers.
Have you ever thought about playing roller derby? Now’s your chance!
The Star City Roller Girls are putting out an open call for recruitment.
For more information, check out our Get Involved page!
Thank you so much to everyone who came out to watch us at our Roanoke Civic Center debut! Your support helps us keep coming back to great venues like the Civic Center.
Thanks also to Westmoreland Roller Derby for making the long trek down from Pennsylvania to help us break in the new arena. They fought hard and didn’t give us a break! As well as our referees, and our announcer, Dale Bayless, a.k.a. Professor Mojo!
Finally, thank you so much, too, to our trainers and sponsors for the bout: